Thursday, June 11, 2009

Our Love Story




When I met Bill I was drawn to his self confidence. He swept me off my feet at the Cowboy by cutting in on the dance floor to ask me to dance. Ha! He didn't even like to dance! From that night on I was his. He was funny, charming, handsome and what I wanted.

I remember how much I wanted him to ask me to marry him. He didn't ask in any special way he just casually suggested it would be great to get married. That was good enough for me! With a family of three boys following (actually 4 including Bill) my life was full and complete.

Bill taught me about baseball and hunting until I felt like an expert myself. He showed me what it meant to be generous and unselfish. He made me laugh with all of his stupid jokes! (I really miss that) I feel such a weight on my shoulders without him. He had a way of always focusing on the positive. (I miss that too!) I try to be thankful for all of the great memories that we shared and for what a special husband and father he was.

5 comments:

avgypsy said...

Oh my gosh Debi,you look so beautiful and Bill so handsome! It seems like yesterday but then again it doesn't. It must have been so hard for you posting these pictures but soooo glad you did. Love you with all my being!

Anonymous said...

Debi, I love your wedding pictures! You looked amazing! What great memories you have!

Trinity said...

The pictures are beautiful, but the story is even more beautiful. ::hugs::

Debbie said...

Debi,

Beautiful photo's!! Thank you for sharing them!

You, Erynn and the whole Rooney family are in my prayers every night. You are right when you say that Will and Reese are little angels.

As I read your post; How Do I Get Through? I thought about the well known Footprints poem. Hope the words provide a tiny bit of comfort for you during this time of heartache.

One night a man had a dream. He dreamed
he was walking along the beach with the LORD.

Across the sky flashed scenes from his life.
For each scene he noticed two sets of
footprints in the sand: one belonging
to him, and the other to the LORD.

When the last scene of his life flashed before him,
he looked back at the footprints in the sand.


He noticed that many times along the path of
his life there was only one set of footprints.

He also noticed that it happened at the very
lowest and saddest times in his life.

This really bothered him and he
questioned the LORD about it:

"LORD, you said that once I decided to follow
you, you'd walk with me all the way.
But I have noticed that during the most
troublesome times in my life,
there is only one set of footprints.
I don't understand why when
I needed you most you would leave me."


The LORD replied:

"My son, my precious child,
I love you and I would never leave you.
During your times of trial and suffering,
when you see only one set of footprints,
it was then that I carried you."

Wandering Rooneys said...

Debi,
Bill just adored you! we would often talked about marriage and he would just brag the he was married to the best "WOMAN" ever! Ive said this before but all three boy wanted a marriage like the one you and Bill had. I miss him so much but still see him in Sean and Colin. XOXO