Sunday, February 6, 2011

Come out, come out, wherever you are!

Whew! The coast is clear! I can come out of hiding now! January is finally over and I can say goodbye to a terrible month! I wouldn't mind if it was removed from the calendar!

I love Christmas and everything that it represents and I always have. When it's over, I'm really bummed. So when January arrives and I have to clean and pack up all of the decorations that I love to put out, I get a little bit sad. No.....I get really sad!

Then New Years brings resolutions and resolutions reminds me of the ones that I broke last year. I can't help but be a little disappointed in myself. I didn't lose the weight, I didn't spend time on my creative side and I didn't get organized after all! YUCK!

Then on top of it all, it's my birthday! DOUBLE YUCK!! Who likes getting older? Not me! Older brings new wrinkles, an expanded waistline, a slower step and more aches and pains. It's just a reminder that I'm closer to the end. Boy! I really sound depressing!

It doesn't help that the accident happened in January either. I'm sure that that in itself magnifies my sadness. A new year starts and I should feel hopeful but I just don't. So now it's February and my "Valentine" is gone and I need to muster up the effort to smile. I pray to find meaning in what seems meaningless and hope in what seems hopeless. The Lord promises me that He's with me and believe me, I wouldn't have made it this far if He wasn't.

"....but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint" Isaiah 40:31


Steamboat in January 2011

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Debi, So glad January is behind you. Your incredible wit makes me say "ooooh" and smile, and even laugh at times. Happy Valentine's day, girlfriend. May God's loving arms encompass you all day and fill you with His love until it overflows and splashes on everyone you see. I'll see you Thursday. much love, cathy z

Anonymous said...

First of all, I have to agree with you, getting older sucks. The Lord is working overtime with you. To come as far as you have with the spirit you have mustered up is nothing short of a miracle. I just hope that my love and support helps a little. We will survive with God's help. Love you so much, Dad.